ARR RAW Round Table Discussion with Travellers.
Grant Johnson, Graham Field, Shirley Hardy-Rix, and Jim Martin. With guest Tom Woodrow from Adventure Bike TV. Missing this week are regulars Sam Manicom and Brian Rix.
Episode 3 Topics:
What constitutes an emergency?
- SPOT and InReach devices allow you to call for help as well as send the message to a preprogrammed list of emails or texts. This could be a life saver or at least a huge hand if they know your route and make contact through forums or email with local people.
- At what point do you really require rescue, as opposed to just some help.
- What are some other methods of handling emergencies?
- Some countries bill for SAR? How does that affect your outlook?
- Should preplanning your adventure in case of a "situation” include, getting to know others on forums so you have someone to reach out to in areas where SAR may cost or be unavailable?
Riding the World in Two Weeks - Micro Adventures
- For people with normal jobs and limited vacation time, what are some ideas and considerations for a grand adventure on a tight time-budget.
Bang For The Buck
- Best destination for the money?
- What would you look for or what do you think is the best dest for the money and for experience.
Show Co-Hosts Picks & Plugs
Graham Field - www.grahamfield.co.uk
PLUG: Seeking a sponsor for a special segment that Graham has the opportunity to do on Adventure Bike TV.
Shirley Hardy-Rix, Brian Rix - www.aussiesoverland.com.au
PICK: Cycle Torque Magazine - www.cycletorque.com.au
PLUG: Under Asian Skies - Audio Book by Sam Manicom - www.sam-manicom.com
Tom Woodrow - Adventure Bike TV
Plug: Adventure Bike TV
Tom Woodrow is the producer of Adventure Bike TV as well as a father and motorcycle adventurer.
Adventure Bike TV is a high quality video program producing adventure bike shows once per month covering all types and of ADV related things with host Graham Hoskins, whom has been on Adventure Rider Radio some months back. We highly recommend Adventure Bike TV and you can watch it free on YouTube here.