ARR RAW Round Table Discussion with Travellers.
Featuring Grant Johnson, Brian Rix, Shirley Hardy-Rix, Sam Manicom, Graham Field and Jim Martin.
RAW Episode 6 Topics:
The Importance of Getting Some Off-Road Riding Experience
This topic inspired by Sam Manicom, as he is doing some riding in the United States. Last month we talked about road riding experience. What about if you have lots of that but aren’t prepared for any off-road trails? How to get some experience with a school or on your own.
Riding Gear - One or Two Piece Suits
- advantages, disadvantage
- likes or dislikes
- how does weather, or climate affect what you should wear
- which would be better for heading out on lengthy adventure
Riding in Extreme Heat and Staying Safe While You Do It
- staying hydrated and how does dehydration affect you in the heat, how much water can you expect to carry for a certain distance?
- heat exhaustion and heat stroke - signs and prevention
- dressing for riding in heat
Show Picks & Plugs
Shirley Hardy-Rix & Brian Rix - www.aussiesoverland.com.au
PLUG: Motorcycle Investor: www.facebook.com/motorcycleinvestor www.motorcycleinvestor.com
Aussies Overland New book! "The Long Way to Vladivostok" http://www.aussiesoverland.com.au
Graham Field - http://grahamfield.co.uk/