Jim Martin and the co-hosts on ARR RAW talk about what you need to consider when looking for a place to put your head down for the night, and how to handle doing maintenance on your bike when travelling.
- when choosing somewhere to camp overnight, what are the things you look for that make an ideal camp spot?
- camp away or near the road?
- do you look for a site with water, or not worry about it?
- do you plan ahead or wing it?
- what time of day do you settle for the night?
- what if you’re in an urban area, have you ever just found an out of the way spot or truck stop and set up for the night?
- unusual camping experiences
- best ways to get work done?
- deciding on reputable shops?
Doing it yourself:
- where to work?
- what to do with old oil?
- setting up your work area?
- essential lubricants to travel with (to be carried)
- on-tool items that must be carried (duct tape, zip ties - what else?) good for quick fixes
Sam Manicom - Author of motorcycle adventure books: Into Africa, Under Asian Skies, Distant Suns & Tortillas to Totems - www.sam-manicom.com
**Tortillas to Totems Audio Book: http://www.sam-manicom.com/tortillas-to-totems/tortillas-to-totems-audio-book/#.WRNadFPyveQ
Grant Johnson - Horizons Unlimited - THE premier source for information on motorcycle and overland adventure travel since 1997. www.horizunsunlimited.com
HU Events: http://www.HorizonsUnlimited.com/events
Achievable Dream Online: https://vimeo.com/horizonsunlimited
**Enter the Horizons Unlimited Calendar Contest for 2018 here: http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/events/2016-photo-contest-2018-calendar
Graham Field - Author of motorcycle adventure books: In Search of Greener Grass, Ureka & Different Natures - http://grahamfield.co.uk/
**In Search of Greener Grass is now available in the United States. You can get it through Road Dog Publications: http://www.roaddogpub.com/
Shirley Hardy Rix & Brian Rix - Authors of motorcycle adventure books: Two for the Road, Circle to Circle & The Long Way to Vladivostok - www.aussiesoverland.com.au